Shout out to all the closeted LGBT people who have to return to unsafe family environments this season. Remember that there is nothing wrong with you and that no, you are not a hypocrite for loving the people who raised you despite the things they have done to hurt you. Above all remember that you will always have friends who support you even if your family does not.
TitlePart of Ur Wrld (Little Mermaid vs. Ke$ha)ArtistChambaland
On the contrary, my dear anonymous, I can be whatever you want me to be. ;)
Or even a lamp:
oh yes, especially a lamp.
WHY DO YOU LIVE IN MY ROOM
WHAT IS GOING ON
It would have been nice if you told me before you started living on my bookshelf.
OH MY GOD
- Juliette: A dad came in with his 4 year-old daughter and told her to ask me ("the lady who works here") for recommendations. She did and I showed her a few comics I thought she would like while the dad kind of waited a respectful distance away so that it was really our conversation. Then he said to her "I just want to make sure you know you can always ask the people in the comic book store for recommendations and they'll be happy to talk to you."
- And all of a sudden I realized that he was making sure his little girl would grow up believing that she is welcome in comic book and nerd spaces instead of feeling like she's an outsider just because she's a girl.
- PARENTING FTW!!!
- Christina: That reminds me of the girl who gets $10 for every A on her report card and spends it all on comics.
- Emily: This reminds me of the dad and daughter who came into my store and bought the American Dream tpb we had. And then proceeded to buy every book with a strong central female character I could think of to recommend. Good parenting.
- Tracy: There is a family who would always come in on Saturday. The older sister and mom weren't really into comics, but they would walk around with the younger sister and dad while they picked out what they wanted. The young girl always came in and spent her allowance on comics.
I punched a guy bc he was making rape jokes and one of the things he said was “what’s the difference between yes and no? Nothing” so I asked him if he’d care if I punched him in the face and he said yes but I did it anyway since there’s no difference between yes and no and that’s the story of how I gave someone a bloody nose
You did the right thing